If you want to join the DIAsource team, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Tel: +32 (0) 10 84 99 22
Fax: +32 (0) 10 84 99 90
Technical Services Manager
DIAsource ImmunoAssays® SA is Belgian company active in the in-vitro diagnostics sector which is part of Anteo Diagnostics, an Australian quoted company .
Our medium-sized company (75 employees) is based south of Brussels (Belgium/Louvain-la-Neuve) close to the University (UCL). We are specialists in immunoassay development, manufacturing and distribution since more than 25 years, with a specialization in Vitamin D. We service customers in over 70 countries, both direct as through our network of distributors and OEM partners. Last year 2015 the company grew revenue by 20% and has been recruiting more than ten people.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Services Manager for our facility in Louvain-la-Neuve.
The Technical Services Manager will report to the COO and be responsible for DIAsource’s utilities and technical infrastructure, consisting of both our manufacturing equipment and building infrastructure.
This includes coordination of all activities by both specialized external contractors as well as the internal Maintenance Technician, in order to provide optimal service through appropriate management of maintenance and repairs. The scope includes specialized equipment for dispensing and coating (pumps, electrical controls), coldroom warehouse and general building infrastructure (standard utilities, HVAC, water purification, ..).
Besides the daily operational, the job includes a project dimension to improve the infrastructure through the implementation of both continuous improvement and investment initiatives to support our growth.
We are looking for a versatile hands-on attitude in a generalist manager that combines good technical skills, experience in supporting manufacturing operations, down-to-earth pragmatism .. with a desire to work on improvements through the application of analytical and project implementation skills.
- Ensure proper functioning of dispensing and coating machines, dryfreezers, and all the other equipment.
- Identify and (co-jointly) implement continuous improvement opportunities related to productivity, efficiency, safety, quality and cost reduction
- Manage improvement & investment projects, such as the validation and the replacement of the machines.
- Own and be accountable for the maintenance schedule
- Coordinate and supervise the schedule and work of the Maintenance Technician, as well as a multitude of various external specialist contractors
- Manage the maintenance of all our technical and administrative facilities, incl. utilities
- Assure living quality in an operational environment following ISO 9001 et 13485 standards
- Manage and measure (PI-KPI) and optimize resources and Costs of Goods
- ( Be the back-up of the Maintenance Technician if needed or during his absence. )
Desired Education and Experience
- Industrial Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ISO environment
- Experience in biotech or chemistry is a plus
Profile - Qualifications and skills
- Technical knowledge in operation and maintenance of plant management
- (refrigeration, air conditioning, and equipment maintenance)
- Hands on and technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Good problem-solving skills, down-to-earth, pragmatic, dynamic
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Multilingual : fluent in both French and English (Dutch is an asset)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement (Lean or Six Sigma)
- Computer skills: Windows and Office (Excel, etc.), Internet and E-mail, Sigma Plot, Minitab or equivalent
What we Offer
- A stimulating central position within a high-growth middle sized company
- A highly interactive job in a human size, dynamic, respectful and professional environment
- Many training opportunities for your personal development and continuous improvement
- An attractive salary package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience
How to apply?
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com. Ref: Technical Services Manager. Your application and related information will be treated with strict confidentiality.